your feedback

Extra default formats

02 December 2014 Categories: Blog

As of 3.1 something is causing the default format to be duplicated. We are working on it and will update you here as we figure it out. Version 3.1.4 should stop new ones.

We created the following plugin to remove extra formats. Just install it, activate it, deactivate it then delete it

deletedefaultformats

8 Responses to “Extra default formats”

1. Martin Bailey 2 December 2014 at 8:21 pm (PERMALINK)

I updated your Postcasting plugin 3.1.4, then installed, activated, deactivated then deleted your deletedefaultformats plugin, but it didn’t remove them.

Right now, the only way I can stop the thousands of default formats being included in my posts and pages is to deactivate your Podcasting plugin, which of course is not ideal. 🙂

Thanks in advance to continuing to work this issue.

Author
  2. admin 2 December 2014 at 8:45 pm (PERMALINK)

Did you try the new deletedefaultformats plugin?

Author
  3. admin 2 December 2014 at 8:56 pm (PERMALINK)

So the plugin is still adding new default formats?

Author
  4. Martin Bailey 2 December 2014 at 9:34 pm (PERMALINK)

I used version 0.02 of the deletedefaultformats plugin. Has it been updated?

After following your instructions with deletedefaultformats, my posts are still full of line after line of unnecessary default formats, unless I deactivate the Podcastin plugin.

Author
  5. admin 2 December 2014 at 10:28 pm (PERMALINK)

There is a new version. You can find it here:

Author
  6. Martin Bailey 2 December 2014 at 10:58 pm (PERMALINK)

Got it. That did the trick.

Thanks so much for all that you do!

Martin.

Author
  7. Martin 3 December 2014 at 12:46 am (PERMALINK)

Whoops! It looks like I spoke too soon. I just checked again, and the default format lines are all back, so 0.05 didn’t work either.

Author
  8. Martin Bailey 6 December 2014 at 8:22 am (PERMALINK)

Hi Glenn,

Did you notice my previous comment? This issue is still not fixed in the latest version of the plugin. It would be great if you could take a look.

Cheers,